European Enterprise Alliance is an alliance of employers' organisations and business from Central and Eastern Europe. We are a membership organisation, and we provide a platform for experts, entrepreneurs, and pro-market intellectuals convinced that the best way forward is to protect economic freedoms. We promote equal rights and a transparent business environment that enables micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises to compete with global players and increase prosperity in the EU. For our growing Brussels-based Secretariat, we are now recruiting a Secretary General. The Secretary General is the organisation's public face and is responsible for leadership and direction to the organisation's strategic and policy development.
The Secretary General mission is to facilitate effective internal administration of the EEA, represent the organisation externally, acquire new members and develop relations with EU policymakers and other stakeholders. He/she will work and report to the Board led by a President and cooperate daily with matrix organised associations from Central and Eastern Europe. Alongside his role as a Member of the Board, the Secretary General is responsible for the following matters:
Experience & skill requirements:
- a university degree and at least 8+ years of policy and advocacy experience in Brussels- experience and understanding of European policy environment and communications issues- ability to establish, manage and develop collaborative working relationships with a range of internal members and external stakeholders
- solid track record of strong leadership and motivating an effective team in a matrix organisation- strong administrative and financial skills demonstrated in a senior strategic role- an enthusiastic self-starter, independent and confident 'people-person'
- excellent command of English, knowledge of any of the CEE languages is an advantage
What we offer:
- a freelance part-time contract with a renumeration according to the sector standards and experience of the candidate
- an office access in Brussels with a possibility to work remotely- challenging job in a growing organisation
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org .